Sunday 19 February 2012




I couldn't sleep so I decided to write all my bother out and this is what I ended up with:


Corked In

Time passes you by,
Life engulfs you with decisions and wants,
but whilst pleasing yourself and the many you can't help but try,
Things don't necessarilly go the way we hope,
Persistance is key but mayb e we need to listen to those annoying cries.

The cries start as nags more approipraitely instructions,
Some find it difficult to follow but is it always the best to lead?
To show the way can attract the air of solemnity or sorrow,
Why choose responsibility when you can follow?
To prove yourself make a mark in the time,
Leave the past behind.

Those nags gradually turn to pleading cries,
"Don't go..." why listen it's not my problem it dosen't fit in my life,
Does it ever occur to you that your life conflicts with others?
The strings of fate can altered by a whim but the bonds of family cannot,
Maybe it is time for you to open the curtain and see the big picture.

I am waiting for you, for an interval, at some point,
But it must have came and went,
Laughing now at the little jokes from before I didn't get,
but time has evaporated and now the moment is spent,
Let it be spoken with real effect of my feelings of melancholy and regret.

By Aisha Ahmed

No comments:

Post a Comment